I’ve been reflecting on the relationship lessons I’ve learned in my lifetime based on the 54 years my husband and I had together before he passed. We both grew through the many stages of maturity – individually and as a couple. Here’s what I learned personally:
- Keep the lines of communication open…but allow time to process.
- Listen to understand – not to prepare your counter point.
- Always respect the other person’s point of view. Afterall, there are 8 billion of them…and all different.
- Don’t believe what you think -it’s only your unique perception of your personal reality.
- Choose “happy” over “right.” In the end, that’s why we’re here.
- No one is perfect, so don’t harbor ill will…it eats up the host.
- Shared laughter is the joyful miracle that joins our souls. Keep it light.
- In the end, we’re all doing the best we know how, so be patient with yourself and others.
- Love forever.
Leave a Reply